Reps for LAUSD, teachers union talk about computers, not salaries
Garcetti endorses Torlakson in state superintendent race
LAUSD outlines backup plans as MiSiS work continues
LA School Report has been censoring (OK deleting the correspondence from) Martin Eden
Martin Eden on September 8, 2014 3:56 pm at 3:56 pm said:
I couldn’t help but notice that 18 1/2 minutes of commentary has turned up missing here, Rosemary.
Definitely nothing important.
Send Mr. Dean in, please.
Martin Eden on September 10, 2014 3:37 pm at 3:37 pm said:
Why the constant rejection?
I get more love at THE NEW YORKER.
But for a brief shining moment there was:
ALL THE SUPERINTENDENT’S MEN
MINUTES of the “TEACHERS FOR DEASY” COMMITTEE MEETING
September 10, 2014
CALL TO ORDER
Eight Teachers Present
Three Excused for Teacher Jail
I. REPORT FROM SUB-COMMITTEE DISCUSSION
How best to support beleaguered Superintendent?
1) He’s better than Mussolini, people!
2) Hold a support rally outside the Broad Foundation
3) Buy Apple Stock
4) Testify against ourselves in Vergara Appeal
II. ACTION OF THE GROUP AS WHOLE
ACTION: By unanimous consensus, the committee directed staff to prepare joint draft resolution language to be part of the adoption process, share it with the committee in advance of the next committee meeting, and place it on the next committee agenda for their discussion
1) We will go back to our schools and make sure all colleagues understand that Supt. Deasy is concerned about the success of brown and black children and ask our colleagues to share that concern.
2) We will go back to our schools and instruct our principals that there is no such thing as biased evaluations and their judgment is always correct. Do as you will.
3 ) First in, last out is insane. INSANE ↓
4) [Item deleted]
5) “Lifetime tenure” is the same as “due process” and don’t let any facts tell us otherwise.
6) We trust John Deasy to make the best decisions for us and then tell us what we must do to follow through.
7 )Criticism of John Deasy’s policies and educational pedagogy is ad hominem attacks. If anyone questions that new definition, call David Holmquist’s office immediately.
III. PLAN FOR NEXT MEETING
1) Take up Resolution to make John Deasy and Martin Luther King Day the same holiday.
2) Make MiSiS a fun opportunity for schools to be creative with schedules and programming.
3) Disseminate studies that back Deasy’s assertions that overcrowded classes makes urban kids more competitive with suburban counterparts.
4) Show our colleagues that Poverty is simply an excuse for Progressive Teachers to bash Wall Street Financier Educators.
5) Plan Strategy to Give Back whatever salary UTLA negotiates to the district or to John Deasy to purchase more technology
6) Delete all emails after one year.
7) Get Joey out of Teacher Jail in time for next meeting.
ADJOURNED MEETING at 1 a.m.
Post a Comment