Wednesday, September 03, 2014

DEASY: “Dear LAUSD Family, I would like to speak to you personally…” but instead here are two links to the same memo I sent to the Board of Ed yesterday

an email blast sent to all LAUSD employees

From: Superintendent John Deasy [superintendent_john@LAUSD.NET]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 2:39 PM
To: LAUSD_EMPLOYEES@LIST.LAUSD.NET
Subject: Ed-Blast: CCTP Memo Sent to the Board of Education


 



   Los Angeles Unified School District




September 3, 2014





CCTP Memo Sent to the Board of Education





Dear LAUSD family,



As your superintendent it is my responsibility to lead this school district towards our ultimate goal of graduating all students college-prepared and career-ready.



I would like to speak with you directly…especially since information can be misinterpreted or misconstrued as it makes its way through various channels.



In light of all of the questions being raised with the Common Core Technology Project (CCTP) and the rollout of the tablets and laptops, I think it is very important for me to set the record straight as there have been many false and misleading statements made public. 



In a recent memo to the Board of Education, I expressed these concerns and clarified how these inaccurate statements are jeopardizing this extremely important initiative for the youth of LAUSD. 



Click here to read the specifics described in the CCTP memo I sent to the Board. As employees of this District, I value keeping you informed with the full story.



Sincerely,



John E. Deasy








Dr. John E. Deasy



Superintendent of Schools




Is this email not displaying properly? View online


Copyright © 2014 Los Angeles Unified School District













  "Publicity is justly commended as a remedy for social and industrial diseases. Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants; electric light the most efficient policeman.

Justice Louis D. Brandeis


 



2cents small Channeling Ann Richards: “Poor John, he was born with a silver foot in his mouth!”



Sometimes “Dear Family” is familial, other times it is Old Testament patriarchal and paternalistic.



Poor Dr. John is  misunderstood, misinterpreted and misconstrued, and there have been many false and misleading statements made public.



Unfortunately the false+misleading continues …and the being made public sheds Mr. Justice Brandeis’ disinfecting sunshine on the whole wretched mess.



 





Holy Moses I have been removed

I have seen the spectre he has been here too


Distant cousin from down the line


Brand of people who ain't my kind


Holy Moses I have been removed



Holy Moses I have been deceived

Now the wind has changed direction and I'll have to leave


Won't you please excuse my frankness but it's not my cup of tea


Holy Moses I have been deceived



Bernie Taupin & Elton John: Border Song

No comments: