Note: This was taped before the May Revise Budget was announced. A 10% across the board cut remains in effect in LAUSD. Nothing really has changed.
- Although Prop 98 was not suspended in the governor's May 14th revised budget, Categorical programs - with aid to special ed, English language learners, at risk kids, and children with disabilities - are still slashed between 6% and 7%
- Children's social welfare programs, including healthcare and foster care remain cut at about the 10% level.
- There is no cost-of-living adjustment budgeted even as the cost of living climbs precipitously.
- Arts, Music and Physical Education programs are on the block.
- Class sizes will increase.
- The governor proposes to increase the per-pupil-allotment by $91 (appx. 1/10 0f 1%) and California remains 47th in the nation in per pupil funding.