• PRO-CON: Is No Child Left Behind Act working? Dueling editorials.
• MONEY ALONE WON'T HELP SCHOOLS by Dan Walters | The
• SCHOOLS CHIEF SEEKS END TO LEARNING GAP: Jack O'Connell, the state superintendent of public instruction, turned heads in education circles last week with the message that race, not poverty, helped explain why African American and Latino students lagged behind their white and Asian counterparts.| By Mitchell Landsberg and Howard Blume | LA Times
• U.S. SUED OVER TEACHER CREDENTIALS - A coalition of California schools advocates and parents sued the federal government's Department of Education on Tuesday, claiming it is violating the teacher quality provisions of the No Child Left Behind education law | by Joel Rubin - From the Los Angeles Times
• WITH SO MANY SCHOOL OPTIONS, CONFUSED PARENTS NOW ARE HIRING CONSULTANTS TO HELP THEM PICK THE RIGHT EDUCATIONAL ANSWER FOR THEIR CHILDREN | by Barbara Correa, Staff Writer | LA Daily News
• REGGIE AND THE POOL PROBLEM - The LA Downtown News editorialist ties Reggie, the escaping alligator to the Miguel Contreras pool. The city can staff Reggie's pool at the zoo, why not the one at the downtown high school?
Post a Comment