- Debra Duardo, a one-time high school dropout, is being considered for the top ed job [presumably Superintendent] at L.A. County Office of Education.
- Vote to appoint Duardo to county ed post scheduled for Tues, March 22, at an annual salary of $267,788.
- LA County Ed Office provides financial oversight for county school districts & payroll-related services for some.
- Office also runs programs for troubled youths, like Duardo used to be.
- It took Duardo 10 years at community college while also...
- ...working the night shift at a grocery store, to finish her high school requirements and first two years of college.
- Duardo then transferred to UCLA, where she went on to earn a master's degree in social work. She rose thru ranks at LA Unified.
- At LAUSD, her jobs have included overseeing dropout prevention, and, most recently, heading student health and human services.
Friday, March 18, 2016
A timeline o’ tweets: DR. DEBRA DUARDO CANDIDATE FOR L.A. COUNTY SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
By LA Times Education reporter @howardblume
9:42 PM - 17 Mar 2016