Preschool California + the National Women’s Law Center write:
November 29, 2010
Today, Congress returns from the Thanksgiving holiday and could decide on critical early learning funding by the end of this week.
Thank you to everyone who has already called their representatives in Congress; however, President Obama and his administration still need to hear from you.
Please see below for a message from our partners at the National Women’s Law Center on how to take action tomorrow, Nov. 30.
Congress returns on November 29 and could decide on critical funding for child care and Head Start by the end of the week. We told Congress how important it is to not cut child care and Head Start funding, and now it’s time to tell the White House.
On Tuesday, November 30, advocates from across the country will contact the White House to ask them to remind Congress not to drop 300,000 children from child care and Head Start, and to support the Early Learning Challenge Fund.
So why contact the White House now? The President and his important staff are key players in these funding decisions and we need to continue to let them know that young children and families should not lose out on the early care and education they need during these difficult times.
- Please take action today by contacting the White House. There are two ways you can contact the President: Leave a message for President Obama on the White House Comments line in support of early childhood education programs:
- To call the comments line dial 202-456-1111. (You may need to call more than once if you get a busy signal.)
- Leave a message in the voicemail. Here is a sample script: My name is ________ and I’m from (Insert Organization) in (City), (State). Please urge Congress not to drop 300,000 children from child care and Head Start. Make sure that continued funding for the Child Care and Development Block Grant and Head Start is NOT REDUCED in the appropriations bill and that the Early Learning Challenge Fund is included. Thank you.
- Send President Obama an e-mail in support of early childhood education programs.
- To e-mail the President, go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact.
- Use the web form to send the White House an email. Here is a sample message you can type into the form: Dear President Obama, Please urge Congress not to drop 300,000 children from child care and Head Start. Make sure that continued funding for the Child Care and Development Block Grant and Head Start is NOT REDUCED in the FY 2011 appropriations bill and that the Early Learning Challenge Fund is included. These programs help children learn and develop skills they need to succeed in school and in life. They also help families get ahead by giving parents the support they need to be productive at work. Thank you.
Please tell your networks and friends to take action tomorrow, Tuesday, November 30. The more people who take action, the more our voices will be heard in this very important time.
Preschool California | 414 13th St., Ste. 500 | Oakland, CA 94612