from LAUSD | http://bit.ly/aFmrIm
The LAUSD has released its School Experience Survey results for parents, students and staff. View your child's school report here.
What is the purpose of the school report?
- The purpose of this report is to provide detailed information on the responses that LAUSD students, parents and employees gave to the School Experience Survey last spring. The report gives schools feedback from the entire school community to inform their planning efforts.
- Who is given an opportunity to participate in the School Experience Survey?
- All school employees and students in grades 3-12 from all LAUSD schools were asked to complete the survey. The majority of parents of elementary students, as well a sample of parents in middle and high schools, were also asked to participate, either by completing a survey sent home with their student or in the mail.
●● smf writes:
Visit and look at your or your child's school.
Go look at a couple of other schools. Good schools. Bad schools. Red schools. Blue schools.
I went to a school I know to be challenged and challenging, in this case Markham Middle School – which is ground zero in school reform, ground zero in the socio-economic crisis; gang-plagued, crime-ridden, a poster child and a media focus point – a Mayor's partnership/i-design school. I have unfairly singled out Markham; I'm not the first. The mayor's favorite documentary "Waiting for 'Superman'" calls it a "Dropout Factory."
Even though all school employees and students in grades 3-12 from all LAUSD schools were asked to complete the survey – and "a sample" of parents in middle and high schools (Is 'a sample' 'a couple' or 'a few'? – how big is the sample and who selected those sampled?) were also asked to participate -- at Markham only 87 parents responded (18 percent of the sample) , only 3 school employees responded and zero students responded.
from the Markham report:
- NOTE: Overall summary for teacher surveys is unavailable,
due to low number of teacher surveys completed.
- NOTE: Overall summary for employee surveys is unavailable,
due to low number of employee surveys completed.
- NOTE: Overall summary for student surveys is
unavailable, due to low number of surveys completed.
Look no further; if we haven't found the problem we've found a symptom as big as all outdoors.