From staff reports to The Daily Breeze
Posted: 11/09/2009 09:04:09 AM PST
Magnet school applications due Dec. 18: The application period for Los Angeles Unified School District parents to enroll their children in magnet and other traveling programs began last week. Applications are due Dec. 18, three weeks earlier than they have been in past years.
Officials estimated they receive as many at 65,000 applications for 16,000 spaces in the district's 173 magnet schools and centers. More information is available at echoices.lausd.net, or in the CHOICES brochure sent to parents.
Application Process Timeline
- Applications mailed to homes: NOVEMBER 6, 2009
- On time Application deadline: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2009 at 5:00 P.M.
- Deadline to receive Late Applications (NO NCLB-PSC): FRIDAY, JANUARY 29, 2010
- Confirmation/Correction Letters mailed: FEBRUARY 2010
- Gifted/High Ability/Highly Gifted Eligible/Ineligible Letters mailed: FEBRUARY 2010
- Notification Letters Magnet/PWT/NCLB-PSC mailed: APRIL 2010
- NCLB-PSC School of Choice Selection Letters mailed: APRIL 2010
Download Choices Brochure (Application form not included)