Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SUPERINTENDENT CORTINES COVER LETTER: “In the spirit of continued transparency…”

From: Superintendent Ramon Cortines
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 3:54 PM
To: LAUSD EMPLOYEES
Subject: Public School Choice - Evaluation Process

Dear LAUSD Staff and Community:

In the spirit of continued transparency, I am releasing the Initial Review Team’s recommendations, the Superintendent’s Panel’s recommendations and the unofficial Advisory Vote tabulations provided by the League of Women Voters of Los Angeles.  I want to reiterate that each of these recommendations represent an individual data point that I will use to determine my official recommendations to the Board of Education on February 23.  Ultimately, the proposals with the strongest instructional plans and implementation capacities will receive my recommendation. 

I feel that it is important for everyone to have access to the same information that I will be using to determine my recommendations to the Board. I highly encourage all of you to read the proposals and recommendations for each school. If our focus remains on quality, I believe we will be able to agree on which plans will have the best opportunity to provide a better educational experience for more than 38,000 students.  To access this initial information, please visit the following link:

http://notebook.lausd.net/portal/page?_pageid=33,1151788&_dad=ptl&_schema=PTL_EP

Please note the Advisory Vote tabulations represent the raw tabulation of ballots cast last week and do not include the League’s official certification or report on voting discrepancies and/or irregularities.  The official tabulation will be provided in the League’s comprehensive report, which will be posted on the Public School Choice webpage this Friday, Feb. 12.   To identify the Public School Choice School in the Advisory Vote tabulations, please refer to the Public School Choice numbers assigned in the Recommendation matrixes.

I am hopeful that through the Public School Choice process we are able to identify and provide the strongest instructional programs and resources for our students.

Thank you,

Ramon C. Cortines

No comments: